Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"Alex and The Wolpertinger" by Koos Verkaik



I've loved illustrated children's chapter books since I was a young sprite. Their usually epic stories that carry with you a lifetime of happy memories. Especially, those that remind me of warm nights nestled by the fire, listening to Hans Christian Anderson cassette tapes on the radio in the living room. While reading, I reminisced back to how truly remarkable those stories were, and of how they caught and easily kept my attention. Mr. Verkaik has done it again! This time it came in the guise of a children's book. I fell in love with this timeless story, and so will you.

About the book:
Mr. Verkaik paints a vivid portrait of the life of Alex, a boy from the Alps, who works in the land of the Giant Clover King. Alex is sent to help a magician, and finds a world of adventure before him. Alex meets Ludo the Wolpertinger, and the two embark on a creative trek filled with shrinking, talking animals, and giants beyond measure!

I rather enjoyed the tempo of this short, yet remarkably expansive story. I will definitely be getting this in paperback for my daughter to read when she is old enough. It has such colorful illustrations, and engaging artwork, that will easily keep your child entertained. The best part about this book, is that it's really for all ages. It reads like an adventure, one that any age can get behind. Five stars Mr. Verkaik. Truly an adventurous read!

BUY LINK:http://www.amazon.com/Alex-Wolpertinger-Monster-Inn-1/dp/1926458192

No comments:

Post a Comment