Friday, January 15, 2016

"OLD SCHOOL NEW SCHOOL MOM" by Sarah Fader BOOK REVIEW








 I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I felt a world of emotions when reading this book. I feel like I already know you Sarah. There were so many times that I felt I could walk a day in your shoes and be right at home. "Old School, New School Mom" is a look into the life of a well-spoken and intelligent writer/mom. As a reader, I was able to easily jump into her "blog" style of writing. I actually have never read anything more real, or so raw. She is the friend who is not afraid to tell you just how things, "are or should be." Everyone would benefit from reading into the everyday life of an "intense" New York woman.

About the book:

Old School New School Mom is a collection of blog post that cover a plethora of topics. Topics such as depression, Anxiety, children, pregnancy and day to day ventures out in the world. I especially, valued the information I read about understanding depression among those who cannot help the way they feel. I found the topic of managing depression to be most helpful in understanding how damaging those that dictate what people with depression should or shouldn't do for treatment, can be.

"Society, let's stop telling people how to manage their mental illness and instead support them on their journeys to find their way." -Sarah Fader

Well said Sarah, I read this line over and over, because it hit home with me. An underlying theme I noticed throughout the book was let your instincts guide you, they are most certainly right a large percentage of the time.
I found her words to be empowering and educational when dealing with understanding how Depression and Anxiety affects different walks of life. Thank you for sharing this rare gem with me Sarah Fader. You are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment