Saturday, March 12, 2016

"A Stranger Came Among Them" by Donald Montano





 Donald Montano has brought us a Post Civil War-Western, worthy of resting on a shelf next to such great classics as,"The Man From Colorado, The Searchers, and even the Movie Rio Grande." (I'm aware that not all of those movies take place in the same location as the book.) Any fan of western stories would know those are amazing movies that have been carried throughout history. I've mentioned them, because while reading,"A Stranger Came Among Them," I felt like I was back at home with my father, curled up in a blanket watching the Encore Western Channel. The details rendered in the novel would not allow me to put the book down.

Reading the very first page, I was immersed into the story of the hero, John Sampson's world. The author brings every emotion to the table, romance, action, mystery, and thrills. Montano has an impeccable skill when dealing with the development of his characters, who are personified through the story. The author also easily proved to readers that he could create a story with historically accurate undertones, altogether creating a fantastic, classic western piece. The description of Colorado's stunning high country, actually left the taste of the trail dust in my mouth, and the feeling that I wouldn't be able to wait to read the next installment. Thank you for creating a one of a kind story, that will stick with me forever.

BUY LINK: http://www.amazon.com/A-Stranger-Came-Among-Them-ebook/dp/B011YHWUFU

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jessica Ozment for a truly insightful review of my novel, A Stranger Came Among Them. You picked up on all the nuances of actions and feelings I tried to infuse into my characters and that is what I wanted someone (You) so badly to point out. You have validated me as an author with a story to tell that is more than just a western novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment on my review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more from you Mr. montano.

      Delete
  2. Excellent review, Jessica! Congratulations, Donald!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review, Jessica! Congratulations, Donald!

    ReplyDelete