Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Things we lost in the night book 1 NIGHT PEOPLE" by Larry J. Dunlap BOOK REVIEW


I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fast-paced Memoir of a musician, and his life on the road. This genre is hard to achieve, and I was impressed with his nature of writing. I do not normally read books from this genre. Now, I am happy to say that I will be giving it a chance from now on! You have restored my faith in the reading quality of biographies. 

Dunlap perfectly paints a vivid picture of life in a 1960's Rock band. Girls, family, drugs, gigs, and road trips all bound into one satisfying ending to the book. This biography sheds light into the life of a starving artist, and shows us that it takes more than talent to survive, it takes tenacity. 

Dunlap takes us on a roller coaster ride of life lessons, poor choices, and sacrifices, all pertinent ingredients of making a thrilling read! I definitely recommend this book as a  must have read, because it's not just a memoir or biography, it actually reads like a work of fiction. I was pulled into the life of a 60's rock star, and found myself desperately waiting for book 2.  Mr. Dunlap has easily become one of my favorite writers, and I look forward to reading more of his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment