Saturday, December 19, 2015

Book Review for "Wizzie The Wonder Dog Goes To HollyWood by: Trish Silver and Lynne Berger





 First off, I read this book to my daughter, who immediately absolutely loved the illustrations. The vibrant colors kept her one year old mind at attention easily.

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Wizzie, a presumed normal Yorkshire dog, assumed he was anything but special. He meets a large, green bird named Sir Lancelot Farlington. Sir Lancelot tells Wizzie that he has powers of his very own and that he is not normal, but a very special dog indeed. They embark on a magical journey, in which Sir Lancelot shows Wizzie that he has powers that he can use to help save those in distress. By the end of the story, Wizzie finds that he can do a number of things and welcomes a new friend into his home. 

I loved that the story teaches young children that they are capable of anything they put their minds too, no matter how unfeasible it may seem. It teaches children to watch for those in need and lend them a helping hand. Even if it may make you look different. I'd highly recommend this book for any age, because it teaches your little one that they are indeed special, contrary to what they might think.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am very interested in buying this for my children! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete