Saturday, July 2, 2016

"3 Grams: An Addictive Novella" by Krihstin Zink



Where should I start with this dark, tantalizing book filled with bud-smoking, sex, self-realization and lies? What first struck me about the book, was that it is set in historic Dallas, Texas (A place I called home for most of my life). Mrs. Zink had no problem capturing the skyline of Dallas and the nostalgic ambiance the city radiates. Her illustrations alone, fed my urge to dive into this short, yet captivating piece of art. Not only were the main characters "Lena" and "O" relatable on so many levels, but Mrs. Zink also created a flawless story of a fortress of sexual perversion and the triumph over a sadistic oppressor. All the while, Zink permeates cloudy undertones of addiction fueled by desire and lust. Although, certain parts of the story have a harsh and cruel setting, the ending really brought the entire story together and left me wishing for more. I have never been disappointed by anything Zink has published and recommend you check out her other novels upon reading such a powerful story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment